Friday, May 4, 2018

2016 Villa Pozzi Nero D'avola Sicily



I said I would review this wine in the last blog post, I did open the bottle at the end of a long day, I ended up enjoying 3/4 of the bottle that night....

What I can tell you about this wine is that it had the same nose and flavors of the Stemmari, but with deeper notes of the fruit in the nose leaning more towards black fruit than red fruit. The palate reflected the  flavors of the nose, and had a bit more of a full mouth feel. It felt like a better made wine, more of a dinner companion than a pizza wine.

I liked both of these wines, and as I mentioned in the review of the Stemmari, these are both a nice change of pace from a Chianti for a Friday night pizza or a meat based pasta dish.

Available at the NH Liquor outlets on sale for $9.99, Italian wines also qualify for a 15% discount if you buy a case... so that makes this wine available for $8.49 per bottle. A great price for an everyday wine, or on pizza night.

Also available at Total wine in Natick MA for $6.99 per bottle, or $6.29 per bottle if you purchase 6 or more qualifying wines.... are you kidding me?  You would pay for the gas if you drove down and bought a case at that price....

Give this wine a try and let me know your thoughts....

Cheers!

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment