Wednesday, October 28, 2020

 2015  4 Cellars  Red Blend  Columbia Valley   WA State


By now most of you who have read my blog know that I like wines from Washington State, so when I saw this red wine blend in the powerbuy section I took a bottle home with me to try.

It was good when I opened it, and even better on day 2. So I went back and bought a case of it to have a few bottles in my cellar for enjoying over this fall and winter with hearty stews and oven roasted chicken dinners.

This wine is made by Browne Family Cellars located in the Walla Walla area of WA State for the Country music group Little Big Town. The group is friends with the owner Andrew Browne, and through trying different wines realized that their passion for good wine was more serious than they thought. So in partnership with the Browne family started 4 Cellars wines.

The nose greets you with blackberries, black raspberries, purple plums, and a hint of Mulberries,  the berry smells get more intense as the wine breathes and opens up. The palate has all of the berry flavors, it's a bit tart initially but that goes away the longer it's open. There are some fine grained tannins, but any food with a bit of fat will balance that out.

On day 2 this wine was very smooth, with a nice plush mouthfeel and could be sipped by itself.
I think this wine would be a great complement to a Prime rib dinner, Beef Stroganoff, Beef Bourguignon, a good Venison stew, Lamb chops, or a grilled bacon cheeseburger....

It available in some of the NH Liquor outlets for $9.99 per bottle, 

No comments:

Post a Comment